Monday, February 27, 2006

Breathless

I’ve been reliving the moment he popped the question. The Crisp mountaintop air, the whir of the chairlift and the chatter of a foreign tongue surround us. The pictures tell a story, they capture the surprise, but they also show the exact moment of where he stood before me, one ski off and unzipping his jacket and starting his speech, at which exact moment the only logical thought my mind could concoct was, “Oh my God, he’s going to take his coat off and roll around in the Austrian snow! He’ll freeze!!!”
Next frame: He’s on one knee holding open a little box it’s contents sparkling. I’ve caught on to what’s happening. The next: We embrace. That photo. I’m taken to that exact moment. How it felt to be held in the arms of someone who just told me he wants to spend his life with me. Incredible. Overwhelming. It still is. I suppose that, in reality, given time this will fade, but for now I will relish every moment that the sight of him, the thought of his presence and the sound of his laughter makes me smile. Something that I was hesitant to ever believe in, and would never allow myself the luxury of thinking would happen, has indeed happened. It feels like nothing I’ve ever experienced, and it is incredible.
Our engagement moment: “It’s not how many breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.”

… Did I finally get that right, honey?

2 Comments:

Blogger nicknameless said...

awwww...shmoopy!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Velo Bella said...

schmooooop!
Its everywhere I look these days.
yay!

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home