Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Last Day

It's finally here. The day. D-day, if you will. Today I will frolic, drink and be merry, for tomorrow I turn 30. Mike wouldn't say anything about anything that might or might not be happening tomorrow. I have a sneaking suspicion that he might load me up in the car and drive me out to pasture. He has "joked" more than once about trading me in for 2 fifteen year olds. "Great." I say, "I guess you'll just go to jail twice!"

Actually this hasn't hit me too hard. It's just a number to quantify the number of years living here on this planet after all. I figure it justifies my actions when I'll say to a riding buddy in their 20's, "I've been here loooonnngerrrr, neener neener neener!! Now go get your elder a beer!"

Nah, it's not the end of the world, just the end of a really great decade...and the beginning of an even better one. I resolve to always be the youngest at heart so, bring it on Father Time, you old bastard!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home