Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Movin' on Up...

and out.

Today was the start of four big, fast days. The guys came to pick up half of our furniture including my desk, so I've been relocated to the dining room table. Our place is is empyting out.

I can hear the hollow echo of the keys through the room as I type and I can't help but look around and remember how I felt when I first moved in here. I know that for both of us the day's of "mine" are giving way to "ours", but this was my place and there's a small sense of sadness that comes with seeing it emptied.

A home purches was one of the last things on my 'must do alone' list. It might be hard to understand why this is such a huge deal, why I would allow no one to ever get close enough to truly consider a permanent fixture in my life until I purchased a place of my own, but a few of us this type need to prove to ourselves that we can do it on our own and we will never ever ever be totally dependant upon someone else to provide for us. We'll scrape and save and work, but once we've done it, that accomplishment is in our heads and the pride and confidence is engrained.

So, here I am sitting remembering how excited and terrified I was thinking of the possibilities and the responsibility. This has been a home of "firsts". My first home purchase, first dog, first man I could truly open up to and see a future with...I'm kind of getting that feeling of moving out of the house for the first time. Seeing all of the things you thought were important put in boxes that I know I'll probably seldom, if ever open. I'm closing the book at the end of the 'me' chapter and knowing that in a day I'll open it back up and see what happens to us, as characters in the pages yet to come.

I am proud of this place. No matter what happens with the appraisals, the move and whatever is ahead in CA, I did it once, I proved it to myself and will hopefully never have to do it again. I've got a hell of a partner now and I'm anxious to take what I've learned to do and team with him for a place of "ours".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Allie!
It's great to stumble on this site and be able to read all about the details! I'll bet you were an absolutely fabulous bride! CONGRATS and wishing you and Mike all the best! Keep on dancin' girl! Love, Naomi Krzyzaniak

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home