Saturday, October 14, 2006

A week later...


Well, It's been an entire week...kind of. Mike's been out of town and I'm soon to join him. I'm up at my parents this weekend getting the last of the post-wedding mayhem details wrapped up before our final move to CA.

I couldn't help it. I had to look one more time. There it was hanging, still bustled from our wedding night and wrapped a puffy pink bag. My wedding dress. My pretty dress with the beaded bodice still sparkling, reminds me of Mike's eyes when I looked into them during my walk down the aisle. He told me I was a beautiful bride. No matter how much I try to tell him, I don't think he'll ever really know how good that makes me feel and exactly how much that means. I wanted to be his beautiful bride.

So, now here I sit in my childhood room all misty-eyed knowing that day in our lives is now a beautiful memory and onward we trod. This will probably be the last time I see the dress completely intact. It's fate lies at the hands of a talented seamstress who will make the train into a christening gown for any children we might have in the future. Still, talented or not there will still be scissors taken to it. Maybe I'm just not ready to admit that the party's over.

I miss my husband. We've been apart longer but I think right now I just need one more dance.

1 Comments:

Blogger nicknameless said...

Shmooooop...awwww

You were a gorgeous bride missy! The party isn't over. It's just begun!!!

;)

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home