Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Health Insurance Farce

It's been over three hours that I've been on the phone trying to track down an agreeable combination of friendly health care professional and insurance company for this hellatious case of poison oak I contracted while relieving myself in the woods. (I'll leave it up to your own imagination as to what itches)
Blue Cross/Blue Shield are now separate entities, neither can find me as a subscriber and now the doctor's office completes this little triangle by asking me what the insurance company's contact information is. Why the hell would I know the number the doctor is supposed to call??
This whole game is tiring. Am I covered or not? Will I get in so I can ask for the drugs I want, do the obligitory rigamarole and drop trou for 2 seconds while some quack in a white coat scribbles out what I originally asked for in the first place? Jeeeeeesh! It would be faster for me to drive to Mexico to get the goods!!! I'm sooooo pissed right now....and itchy. :-(

2 Comments:

Blogger Sweet Cheeks said...

Don't drive to Mexico. Pay the damn doctor. You have wifely duties to perform...

P.S. I hope it ALL gets better!

6:11 PM  
Blogger cerebral scribbles said...

Thanks 'Cheeks' The "Wifely duties" are easy. I can have PO and still give orders. ;-) It's the husbandly duties that are the most hampered. :-(

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home