Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What can "Brown" do for Me?

EVERYTHING!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE UPS. They are the best couriers in the world!

I have an ill-behaved beagle. He's a smallish dog who thinks that anyone approaching our door is here to see him. He jumps and barks and, thankfully is over peeing excitedly on visitors shoes.
Our mailman is terrified of him. The man rings our doorbell, runs around the corner and shrieks (literally) when a flash of furry black, white and tan comes bolting out the door in a greeting chase. Upon questioning him about this "method of dog prevention and avoidance", he told me that it was USPS's policy. (just another reason of my long-time disdain for the postal service)

I've actually gotten a notice that if our "vicious dangerous" animal isn't properly contained, the mail service to our mailbox bank will cease.

Today the UPS lady came to the door, rang the doorbell and the dog went ape-shit. She calmly produced a dog cookie, made him sit and then handed it to him. He raced to a corner with his prize which gave me time to sign the sheet, take my package, and thank and wave to the UPS lady as she left, all without dear doggie making a break for the outside.

Can I by UPS stamps to send letters????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home